1884 - FOUNDING
The Brüll Kallmus bank was founded on 22 February 1884 by Eugen Brüll and Gustav Kallmus and concerned itself originally with mortgages and securities.
1938 - THE PARTNERS EMIGRATE
The partners were forced to leave the country. The “Wiener Giro- und Kassenverein” was appointed administrator and was supposed to liquidate the bank – which thankfully never took place.
1960 - RESUMPTION OF OPERATIONS
Dr. Putz took over the bank in 1960, transformed the general partnership (OHG) to a limited partnership (KG) and resumed business operations.
1963 - ACQUISITION
Acquisition of the bank Autech & Co, obtaining of the right to accept savings deposits. Founding of the first leasing company in Austria.
1970 - LINZ BRANCH
The branch in Linz was opened.
1972 - PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
On 15 December 1972, the bank was transformed into a public limited company (AG) with a share capital of ATS 10 million. Investment by Anglo Elementar & Creditanstalt Bankverein in the “private bank known to be well funded”. At this time, the bank had 31 employees and a balance sheet total of roughly ATS 300 million.
1984 - SANPAOLO BANK (AUSTRIA) AG
The Instituto Bancario San Paolo di Torino/Banca Lariano purchased 74% of the shares (Creditanstalt Bankverein 26%) – and subsequently 100% – and the bank was renamed SANPAOLO Bank (Austria) AG.
2004 - GRAZER WECHSELSEITIGE
Purchase by Grazer Wechselseitige Versicherung AG and renaming as Capital Bank International.
2008 - “BRÜLL KALLMUS BANK AG”
With the new and also original name, the bank reoriented itself to focus on institutional investors.
2014 - LOCATION SLOVENIA
In order to foster bussines activities in eastern Europe, Brüll Kallmus opened a branch in Slovenia